Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A big thanks for representing LL in Knockspell.

I received my pdf copy of Knockspell #3 earlier today and it looks fantastic. I simply have to give a big thanks to Matt Finch at Mythmere Games for not only publishing my adventure, but making it look so darn good in print (a thanks to Mr. Kramer, too)!

The last time I really gave Labyrinth Tomb of the Minotaur Lord a good read was after its first and only editing session. As I re-read the module last night, I forgot how much freaking fun this adventure was to run. The puzzles, traps, new monsters and magical items all come together in a delightfully deadly labyrinth crawl!

Could I say that Minotaur Lord is worth the price of the magazine alone? Sure, but that would be overstepping my bragging rights, and this issue of Knockspell is packed full of so much old-school happiness that nearly every piece would be able to make the same boast.

As an extra incentive to get your own copy from Black Blade Publishing, for the rest of this week, they knocked 10% off the pdf price. 64 pages of Knockspell for $3.60! Check it out here!

Or if you like the deadwood edition: here.

Last thing I want to say here is to give another thanks to Matt for allowing me to represent Labyrinth Lord in his pages. He uses Knockspell as an entertaining and useful forum to prop up the old-school - from 0e to 1e and everything in between - and I'm just happy that he has decided to take on this endeavor to share with the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. Just finished reading the adventure (and agree with your summation of it Lawrence) and I'm about halfway through the magazine and thorougly enjoying it. I too was very impressed to see Knockspell embrace LL, when it could easily be exclusively S&W. Well done all round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I certianly hope the adventure generates a positive response for the magazine. :) The rest of the Knockspell issue is such a fun read, especially for this old-schooler! Also, I must say, that I really enjoy the old-school-looking ads peppered throughout the mag.

    ReplyDelete