Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Half Price Books Score

I braved the frigid temperatures and went to the Half Price Bookstore during my lunch break today. In the past, there I have found near-mint copies of Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure ($7), The C&C core books ($9 each), and a ton of old Dragon magazines.

Today I was able to replace my missing copy of the Moldvay Basic rulebook for $5. This sucker is also in near-mint as the pages haven't even yellowed much.

In addition to this fabulous find, they were selling comics in bulk - 20 for $5. I landed a bunch of 70s/early 80s issues of Avengers, Hulk, Iron Man, and Invaders.

Man, I love HPB. :)

2 comments:

  1. What is it about role players and book stores? We all seem to have a book acqusition problem, not that we can't find the books, they are all too available! Oh, creativity, that must be the connection between these two subsectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books and dice. Books and dice. Do I need more books? Always. Do I need more dice? No, but I can't seem to help myself. :P

    ReplyDelete