Thursday, December 31, 2009

Plans for 2010

For PRG, 2009 was about as successful as I could have ever hoped. This past year I was able to publish Fabled Curse of the Brigand Crypt, Labyrinth Tomb of the Minotaur Lord (for Knockspell #3), The Lost Staves of Maurath, and the Treasure Crypt of the Salstine Pirate mini-module.

For 2010, I want to keep the momentum going. Here are the plans (which may change, of course).

- Finish my new adventure for Knockspell. Whether it gets into issue #4 or #5 is up in the air right now. I'm way behind schedule on this one.

- The Classic Deep Level Dungeon Adventures Vol. I: a compilation of modules DLD 1-5. This will include the never before published DLD3 Beyond the Midway Post. Also this will be the Maurath adventure's first time in print. This volume will also include all new editing, art and layout.

- I plan to finally begin my Labyrinth Lord mega adventure The Fierce Foes of Fire Peak Mountain. I'm kicking around the idea for this module to be used with the LL Advanced Edition Companion. If I didn't mention it before, this will be a nice fat old-school adventure filled with all my faves: Deserted ruins, mysterious villages, trap-filled tombs, caverns, and a big ol' Red Dragon at the end of it all (I'm not giving anything away. It will be known that a dragon is up in them thar mountains).

- Once the dust settles, I can get my X-plorers game going. I have a rough idea for an adventure, and I'd like to see if I can finally get one published. It's just too cool of a bare-bones sci-fi RPG.

Anyway: Happy New Year to ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. From someone who hopes to begin publishing in 2010, any pointers as to how to proceed and what mistakes to avoid?

    Thanks and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started by checking out as much DIY rpg stuff as possible. BHP, Bezio's stuff (X-plorers rpg), and LotFP were all big influences when I first began.

    After you play-test, make sure you proofread, proofread, proofread! :) Typos are like cockroaches.

    If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me at primerequisitegames at gmail dot com. The guys at Barrataria Games and BHP are also very helpful cool people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good advice, which I intend to follow. Fortunately, I am a proof reader and copy editor and therefore, any typos I fail to spot will bring shame upon me and send me into exile.

    B-)

    Be sure that I will e-mail you if I run into any problems and many thanks for the offer of help. I will admit that the prospect of trying to get my own work published is just a little bit scary!

    ReplyDelete